I have only been here at the JC for a couple of hours and already I feel overwhelmed with gratitude for being here. The feeling is so amazing. We haven't even been out into the city, but it is so beautiful to look out over the Dome of the Rock. Today, we stood on the balcony as the red sun sunk over the horizon and the call to prayer floated across the valley from the nearby mosque. The feeling was ethereal. We go on our first tour of the Old City tomorrow. I need to get to sleep because jet lag's got me bad.
Speaking of jets, today Annie and I somehow got invited to sit in the pilot's seat of a 747 jumbo jet! It was awesome, and we took pictures. Afterwards I was laughing giddily like a little kid. I never had even dreamed that could happen. I was thrilled just to get on the plane. Anyway, thanks again for your love and support, and I will keep you posted on how things are going.
Neil
No comments:
Post a Comment